News From Library
York Region Social Services Drop-In
Starting January 17, the Library is offering a new drop-in service at Central in partnership with York Region Social Services. This drop-in service provides a safe space where adults and families can connect with a York Region Outreach Team member to find out more about community partners and services, and get information on housing, financial and legal support, and employment resources in your area.
A York Region Outreach Team member can help:
- Provide referrals to other agencies as required, and advocate on your behalf
- Follow-up on your referrals from community agencies, regional programs and government officials
- Assess and respond to your unique situation, including assessing your eligibility for the Ontario Works programs
- Work to implement your short and long-term goals while removing barriers to services
- Provide support to individuals and families to secure and maintain safe housing by making referrals to employment, financial and community resources
- Accompanying you to legal and/or medical appointments
The Library provides free tax clinics for eligible Richmond Hill residents during the months of March and April.
To book your in-person appointment, download and fill out the Tax Clinic Application Form and submit the completed form to the service desk at our Central branch (located on 1st floor). All forms are also available at main service desks at each of our branches. Please fill out a separate form for each person applying.
Once you submit the form, you will be contacted if you are eligible for an appointment with further instructions on what you need to bring for your appointment and a confirmed time and date.
ESL and Multilingual Collections
Recent improvements to our catalogue make it easier than ever to find ESL (English as a Second Language) and multilingual materials! Simply visit our catalogue and use the first drop down menu (labelled "Everything") to browse these items.
NEW! Video Games
We're levelling up! RHPL is proud to present video games as the latest edition to our collection of items. Use your RHPL card to check out PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch games. More titles will be added as we pilot this exciting initiative in our community. Visit our catalogue to explore available titles.
We've got an app!
Accessing your RHPL account, connecting to library services, and searching our catalogue has never been easier. Download the RHPL app from your app store.