Having trouble finding an item in our catalogue? Richmond Hill Public Library partners with libraries across Ontario, allowing members to request access to books, journals, or other materials that are not available through our library system.
To request an Interlibrary Loan item, you must have a membership with us in good standing. Be sure to search our catalogue for the item you’re looking for first. If you can’t find it, fill out the form below, or speak to one of our team members to create your Interlibrary Loan request. Our team will connect with our network of libraries across the province to help you find the item you’re looking for.
What Can Be Requested Through Interlibrary Loan?
- Books and audiobooks published more than one year ago
- Non-fiction DVDs (i.e. documentaries, educational films, and concert performances)
- Microfilms/microfiche, government documents
- Language kits
Items that are unavailable through Interlibrary Loans service include: oversized items, movies and TV series, music CDs, video games, eBooks, and reference materials like encyclopedias, atlas, and items that are for in-library use only.
- Interlibrary loan items typically take between three and eight weeks to arrive, but this may vary depending on the availability of the requested item.
- You will receive a notification once your item has arrived at your chosen branch. You can then pick it up and check it out at the information desk.
- The loan period for interlibrary loan items is usually three weeks, but this may be altered by the lending library.
- Interlibrary loan items that are not picked up prior to the hold expiring will be charged a $5.00 service fee.
- You are responsible for the full replacement cost of lost or damaged items, as assessed by the lending library.
- To request a renewal for your item, contact us at email@example.com or leave a voicemail at 905-780-5055.
- Because renewals can take at least one business day to process, please notify library staff at least three days before your item’s due date.
- Please note that renewals are dependent on the needs of the lending library and are not guaranteed.
- RHPL reserves the right to limit the number of requests from a single customer.